Costs & Services
The rate for participation in Open sky’s programs is $565 / day. You can anticipate an average length of stay of approximately 8-12 weeks.
Increasingly, families are reimbursed by insurance for a portion of program cost. The amount varies and depends on your plan. Open Sky recommends working with Denials Management, an independent company devoted to helping families get reimbursed by their insurance provider.
Open Sky tuition includes the following:
- Clinical Assessment: a strengths-based individual bio-psychosocial assessment, a physical and naturopathic assessment, a substance abuse assessment, and a strengths-based family assessment
- Individualized Treatment Planning: a comprehensive plan involving specific treatment areas, including short term objectives and long term goals
- Individualized Ongoing Clinical Services for Student: weekly individual and group therapy sessions
- Individualized Ongoing Clinical Services for Family: weekly family phone calls, Family Pathway workbook
- Individualized Medical Services: medical team visits the field to attend to students
- Comprehensive Family Support: Weekly family support teleconference, a 3-day Family Reunion & Graduation at the end of your child’s stay and the much acclaimed Parent Wellness Weekend
- Family Web Support: access to a secure family web page for information and communication about your child's experience at Open Sky
- Organic & Whole Foods: the highest quality menu of whole and organic foods.
- Treatment Planning & Coordination with Other Professionals: regular phone updates with educational consultants, home therapists, and prospective aftercare services
- Aftercare Planning: ongoing communication with family, educational consultants, home therapists, residential programs, therapeutic boarding schools, and other related professionals
- Open Sky Newsletter: Parents will receive a quarterly newsletter from Open Sky including useful facts about health and wellness and updates on the latest happenings at Open Sky
Open Sky’s one-time enrollment fee includes the following*:
- Student Application Assessment: each student is thoroughly assessed to determine appropriateness for enrollment by Open Sky clinical professionals and doctors. In addition, the student is reviewed to determine which professionals will work with the student and in which team the student will be placed to most appropriately serve him or her.
- Administrative Processing: each student is required to have an application and enrollment agreement; our staff also prepares the website parent log-in, paperwork for field guides, clinical staff, medical staff and other personnel.
- Outdoor Clothing & Equipment: the highest quality gear and clothing available is provided suitable to the appropriate weather conditions of the season. Most of this will be for the student to keep and take home afterward.
- Transportation: each student is picked up from the airport and taken for a medical physical and then delivered to the team in the field the student will join.
Our Admissions team will be happy to provide information about financing your student's wilderness therapy experience.
Open Sky is pleased to partner with The Sky's the Limit Fund, a non-profit organization that selectively awards scholarships to wilderness therapy students.
Another available resource is American HealthCare Lending, the premier financing company in the behavioral health industry. With over $5 Billion funded and over 300,000 applicants serviced through their lenders, this is a name and a program you can trust. Here are some of the benefits you’ll receive with a loan from American HealthCare Lending:
- Immediate decisions for loans under $35,000
- Term options out to 84 months (affordable monthly payments)
- No collateral required
- No prepayment penalties
- Fast & easy application process
- 100% Confidential
- Comprehensive Psychological Testing: parents may elect to have Open Sky conduct comprehensive psychological testing by a licensed PhD-level psychologist as an optional service of the program.
- Family Quest: customized wilderness adventures for families in the desert, mountains and rivers of the Southwest are a perfect opportunity to have a rejuvenating wilderness experience, assist in making a life change or finding new ways of communicating as a family.