Apply to Open Sky
Thank you for your interest in Open Sky. To complete an application for admission, please follow the steps listed below. Should you need assistance at anytime, please don’t hesitate to contact our admissions team at: 970-759-8324. We are here to support you throughout the admissions process!
Please read the following information prior to accessing the online application.
- Prior to starting an application, you will be prompted to create a user account.
Once you’ve created a user account, you will receive an email with a link to the online application. Be sure to save the email with the application link in case you need to return to your application at a later time. The application will automatically save your information each time your proceed to the next page. This auto-save feature will prevent the loss of data should an unexpected interruption take place.
- The online application is nine pages and may take one to two hours to complete. If possible, try to complete the application in one sitting. Otherwise, make sure to keep your login information handy to resume completion at a later time.
- Access: The application is supported by the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8+ or the latest version of Firefox, Safari, Opera, or Google Chrome.Once your application is received, the Open Sky admissions team will conduct a comprehensive review. An admissions representative will contact you with an answer within 24 hours, in most instances, sooner.
Participation Release Forms
Upon acceptance, an admissions representative will send final participation releases to you via email. Participation releases must be signed and submitted prior to student’s arrival. Upon completion, please fax forms to admissions at: 970-797-1193.
What to Bring
The ONLY items students need to bring to Open Sky:
- Clothing to wear to and from Open Sky. Students are fully outfitted with all of the appropriate gear, clothing and toiletries they need to participate in the program. Please do not bring additional items.
- Prescription eyeglasses (no contact lenses, please)
- 60-day supply of current prescription medication, as listed in the medical report
- Photo Identification (e.g. Driver’s License, Passport, Student ID, etc.)
Travel should be arranged into Durango La-Plata County Airport (airport code: DRO.) When possible, please book flights that arrive between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Please be sure to communicate tentative flight plans with your admissions counselor before confirming flights. Open Sky’s friendly staff will be waiting to greet your child.